Thursday, June 5, 2008

Update on college....

I started college with a full load. English, Math, Psychology, Speech, & P.E. My physical education class didn't make for lack of students, which didn't break my heart, I had enough on my plate. I made a 95 on my first English quiz and a 95 on my first English outline. I'm working on my first English paper, 750-1000 words on whether or not I think the U.S. should boycott the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. Not fun.

I did get my first speech behind me, it was an introduction speech that was suppose to be between 3-5 minutes. My hands were shaking & I was sure my insides were going to rupture. I did my speech on Addie which was emotional & I even made another student cry. Mrs. Hall said I presented it well and did not appear nervous. My speech was 4 minutes 9 seconds. She tells us the second one will be better. I still don't want to get up in front of anybody to speak.

My math & psychology classes are both going well. There have been several days where I've felt like a zombie. Juggling school full-time and working full-time is no walk in the park.

No comments: