Monday, July 5, 2010

NIGHTMARE....

Being the Mother of a teenager brings on a whole new list of fear and worries. "ONE" of mine was made a reality on Sunday night into Monday morning. As mentioned in the previous post I was called into work, Gabi was picked up and I had just talked to my daughters best friend. She told me we are on the way to my house and I said, "Are you going there to STAY?". Her response, "Yes Ma'am". So when I received a call at ten minutes to THREE in the morning I had no ideal my daughter was even out. Kayla said, "Mom, you can yell at me later, right now I NEED YOU". Panic was not the word to describe what I was feeling & I'm not even sure how long it took me to get from B'ham to the accident sight but I was praying the whole time. Kayla had ran off the road and over corrected, flipping several times.

I called my Brother & he met me there to take care of things. Next thing I know we are on our way to Children's and Kayla was taken immediately to trauma....which was followed by hours of tests, x-rays, CT scans and WAITING! Thankfully the two friends that were with her were released at the scene.

No comments: