Monday, November 23, 2009

Kayla

Kayla spent the night at Haley's Sunday night. Monday morning around 1:45 Mom brought me the phone, it was Kayla & she was so hysterical Mom couldn't understand her. I was able to get from her that she was hurting from her back & side. It took me all of 3 minutes to get to Haley's. We came back home & I told Kayla we were going to the ER & I went to change out of my p.j.'s. In the meantime Kayla's starts throwing up, off to UAB Medical West we head.

I signed her in at 2:25 & within 20 minutes she was triaged & in a room with them starting an IV. They did blood work & sent her for a CT scan. She was discharged 3 hours later with Tylenol #3 & a diagnosis of gall bladder cramps. We have a follow up appointment on Monday.

Kayla hasn't been to the ER since she was little bitty so this was an experience for her. Thankfully we had a doctor with a great bedside manner.

Please pray that all goes well & she doesn't have any more episodes.

No comments: